Intoduction to GIS - GIS4043

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Introduction to GIS

Week 2 – Introduction to GIS

For week two assignment we learned about essential map elements and we learn how to use associated tools in ArcMap.  Some essential map elements are a title, scale bar, and north arrow. These items should always be part of your map. Some of the associated tools we learned about, were adding a new data frame to the layout area, we also learned how to clip unwanted data from a given area.  We also learned how to add an insert map. Insert map is a smaller map featured on the same page as the main map: it helps to focus your attention to a given area on your main map.

This was a good lab assignment. I have been using ArcMap at work for some time now. Most of what I know is from what I learned on my own and from several seminars I have attended.  Learning how to clip on wanted data will be a big help when I am making maps for work.  I am looking forward to further my knowledge about ArcMap and how to get more out of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment