Intoduction to GIS - GIS4043

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Flow Line Mapping

Module 9 – Flow Line Mapping


For this week’s assignment we were asked to create a flow line map in Adobe Illustrator using data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security the data concentrated on 2007 immigration numbers.  We were given two different layouts to choices from I chose base map “A” with a Choropleth inset map of the U.S. immigration per state.

This was not an easy lab assignment for me I am not very good at using Illustrator yet it toke a lot of practices and a couples of training videos to understand how to use the pen tool to make lines with curves.  I made many ugly looking lines until I got them looking pretty good and smooth.  Each flow lines reflected the immigration size from each continent the large the immigration the thicker the line and arrow head.

For this assignment the lab instruction where the biggest help they had a lot of information on how to work in Illustrator I know I will be going back to for other labs using Illustrator.



No comments:

Post a Comment